Saturday, July 18, 2009

Big Mack Records

Liz Davis
38849 - Standing In The Need Of Prayer


Liz Davis
38850 - Motherless Child

Gospel Cavaliers
39349 - Ain't It Sweet

Gospel Cavaliers
39350 - How I Got Over

"Ed McCoy started the label from an office on Livernois near Fenkell in Detroit. Later he purchased the building on Warren Ave.(between Livernois and Wyoming) it was a old movie theatre but the seats had been removed, the stage was still there and he put his 2 track recording equipment up on the stage area, he had a couple dozen of these cheap $5. plastic mikes hanging every where from the ceiling, so I guess you just start playing or singing any where you wanted and he'd find you on one of those mikes ..."

Other releases (not Rite) :

1286 - Edd Henry : Crooked Woman/Your Replacement Is Here
Pk4m-3911/2 The Manhattens : The Feeling Is Mutual/Why Should I Cry
Pk4m-xxxx - L - Hollis & The Mack-A-Do's : Bui Bui/Monkey Shine Time
T4km-6101/2- Bob & Fred : I'll Be On My Way - Baha Strings : I'll Be On My Way Part 2
2943 - Grand Prix's - You Drive Me Crazy - I See Her Pretty Face
7302 - Mae Young - Let's Give Our Love A Try – The Man Puts Sugar In My Soul
7513 - Ms Tyree (Sugar) Jones - If You Feel It - same (Inst.)
7520 - Essence - Fever / same (instr.)
10010 - The Performers - Mini Skirt Part.1. / Part.2.
24221 - Soul President - Get It Right / Got To Have It
1653 - Ed Prince – Brother In Law / Five
1001 - Maury Dean - It's So Easy / I Can't Wait
AR 5321 Oscar Miles : Inside Loving / – Side 2 : Going To A Disco
no # : Gary Nolan Singers : Will You Be A Servant ? –

No comments:

Post a Comment