Friday, August 5, 2011

Greetings from Rite Record Productions


Greetings from Rite Record Productions Inc.

CP-2831
He who whispers down a well
About the goods he has to sell
Will never reap the golden dollars
Like him who shows them round
And hollers
SO PLAY THIS SIDE FIRST

CP-2832
I refuse to tell you the titles on
The grounds it may tend to
Cause you not to
Play it

Recently offered on eBay.
Spoken Word promotional item - uses comedy to promote their items
Side 2 features a snippet of some off-key hillbilly singer whether this was a joke [or Not!!] I don't know
I believe this 45 was sent out to all who used RITE to press their items
A copy of this record is in the Goldband Recording Corporation Collection, 1930-1995 housed by The Wilson Library, located at the heart of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill campus.

I've found in my files only one Goldband record pressed by Rite, shortly before this promotional item.




*

1 comment:

  1. Bob, I am looking for the recording engineer Ron who worked at the Rite studio around 1972. Thanks,

    Marc Sloan 917-526-1563

    ReplyDelete